Fuze - 3
Author: Aaron Roach
Thursday, 24 May 2007
As you know, from the 1st of July this year, you will no longer be allowed to get your nicotine on in any enclosed licensed areas. From this, there are a number of topics that could begin their own threads, but I'll keep that down to a minimum for now.
Let's have a look at some of those positive aspects such a move will make for the clubbing scene:
- Your lungs won't be rife with second-hand smoke *cough*
- You'll walk out of a club without the staining smell of cigarettes on your clothes
- There'll be no chances of putting your fingers in an ashtray that has the 'chewing gum surprise'
- You'll be able to use two hands for drinking
- There'll be no chance of hitting someone in the head with a lit cigarette
That last is something I'm an advocate of, if only for the fact that when I was traversing the wondrous Famous dancefloor during Sashweed set, a young woman whacked hers over my face, looked down at her cigarette and looked back at me as if she had been put out by the whole thing. I assumed that she'd put out in some other way by the end of the night, so I let it go.
Anyhoo...here are some negatives:
- Your lungs will be rife with the smell of smokers using the outdoor area
- You'll walk out of the club with the smell of bad odours, farts and club-stained alcohol environments
- You'll be angry at the fact you can't smoke in the same place and take it out on the person next to you, thus increasing bar violence across the state
- You'll put your fingers under the bar's edge and find 'chewing gum surprise'
In the end, no-one wins.
'Ello, Bleak Outlook
Aaron Roach Tags