Puma 1977 Remix Contest
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
The year was 1977. Women were princesses, men were party-hopping playboys, and The Commodores were "Easy" like Sunday morning. A mixture of the confident swagger and breezy glamour of the jet-setting crowd filled the air, as Donna Summer felt love with Giorgio Moroder, and Fleetwood Mac spread Rumours around the globe.
Today, the international retro style of 30 years ago lives on with new twists in music, film and fashion. Seize your opportunity to turn legacy into limelight by remixing a song from 1977. Whether it's something to make ABBA's "Dancing Queen" get loose or KC & the Sunshine Band "Shake Shake Shake" their booties, this is your chance to create a remix worthy of a timeless party.
Pick a song that was first released in 1977, and produce a white-label remix of it. We'll choose three finalists, and remixmag.com readers will vote for their favorite. The winner will receive a stash of Puma gear and a flyaway package (air travel and hotel) to Remix Hotel Atlanta September 14-16, 2007 to present how they made the winning remix to Hotel attendees.
Here's how to enter:
1. Pick an original song that was first released in 1977 (we'll be checking).
2. Remix it all up and down until you know it's hot.
3. Save it as an MP3 that's no bigger than 8 MB. (The MP3 bit rate is up to you, as long as the file is not bigger than 8 MB.)
4. Write a description in 300 words or less of how you made the remix and what gear you used in your studio.
5. Email the MP3 and written description to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Puma 1977 Remix Contest" as the subject line no later than May 31, 2007.
6. Come back to remixmag.com on June 1 to vote on the winner from a list of three finalists.
The grand-prize winner will receive coach-class flight and hotel accommodations to Remix Hotel Atlanta September 14-16, 2007, where he or she will host a workshop showing how the remix was done. The winning remix will also receive coverage on remixmag.com; and the winner will receive a pair of free, customized PUMAS.
(4) Honorable mention prizes - One pair of PUMA custom-made shoes from the Mongolian Shoe BBQ at puma.com
(10) Runner up prizes - Remix T-shirt plus subscription to Remix Magazine (one year) Tags